Monday, December 31, 2007

New Starts


I'm like 2008.

I'm new. Just beginning this writing journey.

I've spent the last year writing, and learning all I can about writing. The more I learn, the more I know I don't know very much. But I'm not discouraged. Its a wonderful place, this place of words.

I'm knee deep in non-fiction at the moment. Thinking, writing, planning, organizing - its nothing like fiction (well, duh! you say, but truth is, I'm not sure how many people who don't write both know how different they are from one another). I have a deadline for the non-fiction (read more about it on my web site http://www.bonniegrove.com/: Living Out of Your Strengths)


But today my head was turned by fiction again. I received a letter from a professional sceening service (check them out at: http://www.writersedgeservice.com/) about my manuscript Talking to the Dead (also see my website for more details). Here is what the reviewer said:


"I very much enjoyed reading your sample chapters. Your premise is intriguing, and the writing is excellent, with vivid images, effective pacing, seamless scene shifts, and a distinctive tone. The opening is attention-getting; readers will be with you from the first line.


"Both your writing experience and the fact that this has the potential to be a three-book series will be significant positives to publishers.


"This is one of the strongest fiction submissions I've evaluated in quite a while. I sincerly hope you are contacted by a publisher."


As you can imagine, I handled this news like the true professional I am: I bawled like a newborn and hugged my husband for a really long time.


It's a new year.

What a wonderful start.

It's a glorious thing, to be filled with hope.

It's my wish for you that you too, will be filled with hope in 2008.

Peace

1 comment:

Violet N. said...

Congratulations on this, Bonnie - great news! I can see why you're stoked.