Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oooo........Aahhhhh.....

Arriving in my inbox today - the proof copy of Talking to the Dead.

I have this moment of "Oooo.......ahhhhh......" as I look at it. That's my title. Oh, they have that blurred, shadow effect from the cover on the first page too. Wow! (slight tearing up, misty, happy eyes increasing the effect of the blurred, shadow)

My name is right below - proof that, yes, I was the one who wrote the book. This is real and happening to me. Zoink!

Scroll....scroll....oh! There it is! My font!

Font is important - publishers know this very well. They choose them carefully to suit each book. They think about the best font to use. The amazing Jaci at David C. Cook tells me the main body copy is Garamond (Adobe Garamond Pro to be exact). The chapter starts and running heads are MrsEaves. The dingbat is Dalliance OT.

Yes! We have dingbats! Glorious dingbats! They look like...um...lovely swirly-mgirlies. Yeah, whooshing, pretty swirly-mgirlies.

I'm combing through the novel, looking for itty bitty mistakes (and finding very few) and the whole time I'm thinking, "Wow. I wrote a book."

Surreal, in a way. Yet very real. Personal. Moving.

And I wanted to share this happy moment with you.

I bid you good writing.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

wow. you wrote a book. wow.

good, good job. God's clapping.

TGirlsRock said...

Congratulations on your book! I loved your blog post. I could feel the excitement with you. One day, prayerfully, I will be writing a blog just like it. Blessings to you!
wt

Kathleen Popa said...

Bonnie, such a wonderful moment. Beautiful cover, beautiful font. And to think, what's said between the dingbats is also compelling and beautiful! I am so proud of you.

Bonnie Grove said...

Thank you all, ladies.

TGirlsRock: I hope the same for you!

Katy: Since you are one of the people who have read the book (in galley form) it means a great deal to me for you to say that. Bless you, my friend.

Story and Logic Media Group said...

Isn't your name bigger than the title?

Woo-Hoo