Saturday, July 21, 2012

Stand Back, I'm Going to Try Something

It's not quite, "I saw this on TV once, I'm pretty sure I can do it," but it's close.

Feels close.

When I first began writing with an eye toward publication, I wrote a novel and a non-fiction simultaneously. I finished the non-fiction first (Your Best You).

So, I've sorta done this before. Almost.

I'm going to try to write two novels. At the same time.

Not a circus trick--Bonnie writes with both hands--but you understand.

One is a complex novel I'm certain will take the longest to write. It weaves events from 1961 with those of today.

The other is a bit of a romp, at least it feels that way now at the start. A bit high concept compared to my usual themes and plots.

The first one, the time weave story, feels so right for me to create. Meaning, it's a topic WAY over my head, and, as usual, I'm terrified.

The second one, the romp, feels so right for me to create. It's fun. It makes me giddy thinking about it.

I've never written two novels at the same time, but I'm going to try now. A bit like the first time I climbed up on stilts and tried to walk around.

I'm wobbly, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Better stand back.

I bid you good writing.

No comments: